Lenovo today announced the release of its improved version of Ideapad S series of netbooks, the Ideapad S12.
The Ideapad S12 is the first netbook that offers Ion platform from Nvidia. The 9400m graphics chipset promises better support for 1080p video decoding with h.264 playback acceleration, Blu-ray playback, and moderate gaming capabilities.
The new netbook will be available in two different version, the S12 with the old Intel Integrated GMA 945 graphics from Intel which will be available on June and the S12 with Nvidia ION Graphics which will be available on mid August.
As expected, Lenovo will charge additional $50 for the ION S12 while the base product with Intel GMA 945 will be priced at $449.
Lenovo still maintains the same old components found on its S10 netbooks such Atom N270 processor, 1GB DDR2 memory and 160GB 5400 SATA hard drive.
Screen was upgraded to 12.1″ WXGA Backlight with 1280×800 display resolution. Keyboard as well was made full sized.
Full summary of specs are as follow:
- Screen: 12.1″ WXGA (1280 x 800), LED Backlight
- Processor: Intel Atom N270 (1.6GHz)
- Graphics: Intel Integrated GMA 945 graphics (available June) Nvidia ION Graphics (available mid-August)
- Memory: 1GB
- Storage: 160GB (5400 RPM) 2.5″ SATA HD
- OS: Windows XP Home
- Battery: 6-cell battery rated at 6 hours
- Dimensions: 292 mm x 216 mm x 22 – 28.9 mm (11.5″ x 8.50″ x .87 – 1.14″)
Weight: 1.55kg (3.44lbs)
- Ports: 3 x USB2.0 ports, one 34mm Express Card slot (Intel graphics platform only), 4 x1 card reader (SD/MMC/MS/MS pro), Ethernet RJ45, VGA, Single Built in MIC with Echo Cancellation and
noise reduction; Headphone, HDMI (only on ION platform)
- Camera: 1.3MP web camera
- Software: OneKey™ Rescue System; Lenovo Energy Management; Adobe Reader; NIS2009;
- Windows Live Toolbar; VeriFace™; Lenovo Quick start
- Pricing: $449 for Intel graphics version, $499 for Nvidia graphics version.